Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Captain America!

So, we went to go see Captain America: The Winter Soldier over the weekend and... wow. "The Marvel Cinematic Universe" has yet to disappoint, but there are some entries (Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2) that feel slightly more than baseline. Enjoyable, but not much more than that. The Winter Soldier is easily my favorite Marvel film so far. The action is exciting, the story is fun, and the characters are given room to breathe and do other things beyond protecting their respective love interests.

I liked it better than The Avengers, which I didn't think would happen.

All this brought to you by the co-directors whose last big theatrical release was the venerable (/nausea-inducing sarcasm) You, Me and Dupree. I don't know how those guys pulled off one of the best action films of the year and what I believe to be one of the best superhero films of all time. I really don't.

But go check it out if you haven't already. It's most definitely worth the price of admission!